Sunday, March 26, 2006
posted by Anamika Anyone at 9:22 pm

Today was one of those idyllic Sundays.I woke up at eight,had a long bath,hobnobbed with my uncle and aunt who were visiting(yes I hobnobbed),finished writing my lab record,watched snatches of Rang De Basanti, and the full version of The Addams Family(I adore Wednesday Adams).I had nothing to do in the evening,so I decided to have a chat with my mirror. Here's how it went...
Me:(standing tall in front of the mirror)Mirror,mirror,on the wall Who's the fairest one of all?

Mirror: ummmm...You see,thats not the technically right question...
Me:WHAT!! Thats not the answer...You're supposed to say "You,my queen" in a booming voice.Isn't that what you said in the book?
Mirror:I only said that because I was scared of the queen,and Snow white wasn't born yet...
Me:So,what,Is there a snow white now? Tell me,because I've got poison apples too,you know...
Mirror:Well,there's Aishwarya Rai...Me: you mean she's more beautiful than me?
Mirror: Well,DUH!
Me:You choose-Cyanide apple or rat pioson apple.
Mirror:Hey,calm down! I was just saying that your question wasn't right.
Me:(Crossing arms) OK,whats wrong with my question?
Mirror:First of all,I'm not a mirror on the wall.I am a mirror on your Godrej cupboard.
Me:Oh,puh-leeze!
Mirror:Secondly who do you mean by "all"? All the people, all women,all men, all mammals, all eels,who?
Me:(Eyes wide,not believing my luck in getting a talking mirror who talks down to me) Ok,forget it.I'm leaving,no use talking to you...You know you're supposed to be the ultimate ego booster!
Mirror:(in a low voice)Not that yours needs any boosting.
Me:What did you say,mister?
Mirror:Nothing nothing... Do you want to ask something else,Madamoiselle?
Me:Oh no,thank you.I don't feel like blowing my brains out tonight.

What a day!
 



8 Comments:


At 9:24 pm, Blogger Naveen Roy

Did u by any chance send a mail for the namesdatabase??

 

At 9:14 pm, Blogger shari

Hey Anamika! Cute post! :)
I have arguments with the mirror sometimes....lol

 

At 8:31 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Thanks Shari!

Roy:Names database? Never heard of it? Why do you ask?

 

At 4:21 am, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

Hi,

Nice to see you blogging again.

For a multitude of reasons "When Butterfly Screams" will be coming to an end for now. I have started a new blog, and my other two will no longer be avalible for public access after tonight. My new blog is http://screamsfromabutterfly.blogspot.com/

I really hope you will come check it out.

Later ;) AB

 

At 7:45 am, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

I really like this latest song you have on your blog.It's preatty. I wish I understood all the lyrics.Anyway, I have listening to it all evening.

:P AB

 

At 7:09 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Velocity:Thanks!I know its a bad habit,and that I'm crazy,but its useful sometimes :)

AB:It is a lovely song,isn't it?

 

At 11:36 am, Blogger Cheezespread

crazy !...

 

At 5:27 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Yeah I am!