Sunday, October 02, 2011
posted by Anamika Anyone at 12:11 am
I've lived my life looking back. Wish I had a dog. Wish my Mom were more caring in my childhood. Wish I didn't put on so much weight. Wish I'd taken dance classes earlier. Wish I'd been there. Done that. Wish I'd had a real relationship. Wish I'd never had a heartbreak. Wish that, wish this.

Wishing in the past is futile. I know this, but my heart still wishes. I still don't stop that poison entering my soul; regret.

I have no idea of knowing what would have happened if I'd not had that accident. I don't know how my life would have turned out if I'd taken CS as my branch. Life would have been neither better nor worse, it just would have been different. That's all. I believe that the sum of all my life experiences is zero. Negatives and positives, goods and bads get cancelled. Every life is given an equal share of ups and downs, maybe unequally distributed. We're also given an equal amount of strength, fortitude and grace to handle it. Only harnessing these qualities is left to the individual.

So, regret is pointless. Useless. It only results in pain. It's unnecessary.

Let go.

Labels: , ,