Sunday, June 12, 2011
posted by Anamika Anyone at 12:16 am
'Closer to you' is a song by Brandie Carlile. In my mind the song is about unrequited love, about how she goes home to her beloved, embarks on a journey when he calls her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNYOea9eRPo

She sings:
"And when the seasons change again then I will too
I just want to be closer to you"

"Someday we might learn to tell the truth
We might even find the fountains of our youth
We all needed something real we all need proof
I just want to be closer to you"

Beautiful lyrics. Inspired me to pen this down:

Closer to you


The phone rings an invite.

Your single call pulls me.

Rushed byes, my journey begins,

A sailor off to sea.


Aboard the packed bus

Amidst all the din

I'm free, exhilarated.


I glow, I smile, I sing.



Another kind of life,

Other ways to live.


In your land, I am


a foreign native.



I don't know why

In your abode alone,


I feel safe, sound-


I am home.



I leave home to come home, to you.

Labels: ,