Saturday, April 18, 2009
posted by Anamika Anyone at 6:56 am
Rain, glorious rain!

Finally after a long time of punishing heat, the first rainfall of the season! I was returning home from work yesterday evening when the drops began to fall. It was pouring as I reached Tilaknagar. I didn't even care that the rickshaw was open on both sides and fat raindrops were coming at me like welcome arrows (there's an oxymoron). The fragrance of the mud after rainwater falls on dry land! Somewhere along the way I caught a whiff of hot pakoras. Mmmm..

Its seven in the morning. I got up at five thirty to see my parents off. They're going to Bombay. (I miss the panipuri so much!) The world is still as hot and humid as it was, but there are tell-tale signs of overnight heavy rainfall outside. I've got a long Saturday ahead. Got to make a schedule. But I think I'll make hot pakoras before that. Anybody have a recipe?

Ah, what the heck, I'll settle for hot tea!

Labels: , ,

 



2 Comments:


At 5:15 pm, Blogger Parneet

really.. it was such a relief when it rained.. ihope it rains again today.
Did u prepare pakoras?

 

At 9:29 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Heh, heh, no.. You know me.. :D