Thursday, April 19, 2007
posted by Anamika Anyone at 11:08 pm
They were seated, two women facing each other in the darkened room. The only dim source of
light was a round white ball on the table in the centre.

"You want me to lie?" asked the young girl.

"Lie? No, I don't want you to lie. I expect you to tell them what they want to hear." said
the old woman, her eyes closed, her wrinkles soft.

"But I can truly see! Don't people deserve to know the truth?"

"Curse the truth! Truth doesn't bring us pennies, girl! You will not make the customers sad
with your bally truth, you hear me?" The old women had opened her eyes wide and was glaring
at the girl. She looked eerie in her mirror dress with the many strange beads.

The girl nodded nervously. After a while, the old fake fortune teller calmed down. As she
lit a cigarette, she remarked, "And don't wear so much makeup for God's sake. You look like
a bloody geisha."

Labels:

 



7 Comments:


At 4:21 am, Blogger indian lucifer

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

At 4:24 am, Blogger indian lucifer

after the start "They were seated, two women facing each other in the darkened room". i got all pleased as i thought that you wrote smthin lesbotronic but ....then the the word "old woman" came

 

At 8:13 am, Blogger shari

then what happens?

 

At 8:32 am, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Lucifer: Sorry buddy,no such fun. :)

Shari: I don't know what happens next, actually. I think I'll go back to slep again to see the next episode.

 

At 10:02 am, Blogger Pooja

Good start...Could develop into an interesting tale..

 

At 1:27 pm, Blogger Pallav

The geisha reference was nice, reminds me of the times in Japan, would love to see there this goes...I almost thought it ended abruptly cuz you didn't leave any "to be continued" or "stay tuned"...

Good effort!

N

 

At 5:24 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Compliments from the guru himself! So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good... :)