Sunday, April 01, 2007
posted by Anamika Anyone at 9:28 pm
This is a conversation I had with my mind some days ago.

Me(M):So, I had a dream about this T-shirt last night. It was a plain white one, with "Whatever." written in the front in large red letters. I was so craving that T-shirt I-

My mind(MM):You had a dream about a T-shirt.

M:Ya,and It-

MM:You had a dream about a T shirt.

M:What are you dumb or something? Catch up! So I-

MM:You are 21 years old!

M:So?

MM:So! You're supposed to dream about your career or guys now, not clothing!

M(rolling eyes dramatically):What? I can't dream about anything but work and guys?

MM:I didn't say that, pinhead! I said, you don't know what you're doing six months from now.

M:I do too know what I'm doing six months from now.

MM:Yeah? What?

M:Working.

MM:Where, darling, where?

M:Uhhh,ummm, wherever. Enough about my future. This T shirt! I just loved it. I don't know why, I normally find the word "whatever" so lame, but it said so much in this T shirt. And the full stop after the word, wow, I-

MM:Oh my God.

M:What now, drama queen!

MM:You've fallen in love with a T shirt!

(A pause)

M:Ok. This is too much. I don't know why I bother with you. You know what, lets talk about something else.

MM:Okay.

(My mind shuts up for a minute while I wash my face in the sink. A second after I look up at the mirror-)

MM:You should do something about your eyes.

M:Huh?

MM:Your eyes. Black circles.

M:Hmm?

MM:Smarten up,Blondie! You have puffy eyes. What happened?

M:I think I didn't sleep well.

MM:Right, you were fanatsizing about your handsome T shirt.

M:Stop it!

MM:Hey, a thought. Was there a person inside the T shirt?

M:No, it was just the T shirt.

MM:Drat! Just when I thought I had hope!

M:Hey! What if I told you there was Angelina jolie inside the Tshirt?

MM(after a pause):Well, it is Angelina Jolie.

M:Thats it. You're forbidden to speak your ,mind.

MM:Sweetheart, I am your mind.

M:Well, stop working then. Anyway I get on fine without you. I don't know why I let you out now. Outdoor picnics over,baby. I'm going to close the door now. Gotta go watch some TV....

After twenty minutes of The OC, my mind is asleep and all is well with the world. Hah.

Labels:

 



7 Comments:


At 1:51 pm, Blogger Vivek Tulsidas

brilliant post! Liked every bit of it...

 

At 10:18 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Merci beaucoup!

 

At 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Hehehe..

 

At 9:43 am, Blogger Pooja

This sounded creepily like some of the conversations i have with myself :-) btw, thanks for d nice things you had to say...

 

At 5:11 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Very eloquent, Ray.

And Pooja: It sure feels good to see that I'm not the only one who talks to my mind. I wonder if you lock up your mind though...

 

At 12:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous

there are T-shirts with "wateva" on em an there are T-shirts with "wateva." (notice the period) on them...the later i guess is worth loosing sleep on

 

At 12:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm glad you understand, Sam.