Friday, March 20, 2009
posted by Anamika Anyone at 6:49 pm
I spent my 23rd birthday in Amsterdam.
I stayed at this hostel called "Hotel Inner Amsterdam". Nice place. Friendly roommates. One has to get off at the station st Paulus Potterstraat (Van Gogh museum on one side, a liquor musuem on the other, both very interesting- I went to Van Gogh after visiting the liquor musuem; I decided its better that way). From Paulus, one walks down Willienparksweg, takes a left, then a right, then left again to Waaningstraat.
As soon as I dumped my stuff at the hostel, I went to the famous Vondelpark. It was green and lively, full of people. There was a stage set up in one end of the park for a concert that evening.
I saw almost the entire city on foot; atleast the old city. The Warmoesstraat is the oldest street in the city, and full of sex stores and coffeeshops;there was, however a very old church at the end of the street.

Labels:

 



1 Comments:


At 10:53 pm, Blogger Aravind Ingalalli

A perffect place to celebrate 23rd b'de on 23rd!