Sunday, September 11, 2005
posted by Anamika Anyone at 10:17 pm
Hasn’t it? I missed you guys. I miss blogging daily.

Phew, I finished 2 weeks of college. And, what two weeks they were!

I love college. I love all that chaos, deadlines, pressure, etc,etc. it gives me something to do, you know. So that I don’t sit idle for more that 30 minutes a day.

These days have been no different. 15 days, and I’m already knee deep in work. Internals are 10 days away. I’ve got a sizeable assignment on Fabrication Technology due on Thursday, and I’ve got to finish off an article on VOIP for the department magazine. We’ve got to create a reaction timer as part of an exibhition we’re having for high school students.


I love it!


Here’s a list of subjects I’m taking this sem:

Digital Signal Processing-Its pretty interesting, and we have a good, efficient lady for a lecturer. Bingo!

Advanced Microprocessor- All about the omnipresent Pentium

Analog Communication- We have a monkey teaching this, but its ok... I’ll manage.

Telecom and Switching- Ok-ok. Nothing to write home about.

Transmission lines and waveguides--------“------------------

Solid State Devices- Uh-oh. I was never good at this. Expecting tough time ahead.

Analog Comm lab& Advanced MP lab.

There you go.

Here are a few tidbits (I found them out during the week):

VTU has banned use of cell phones in campus, but our great college, has gone a step further and banned cell phones in the campus itself! Bugger!

I love Bono!

I’m reading the runaway jury, after reading thebluenibble.

We’ve been discussing HP all the time in college. Like that wouldn’t have happened.

OH! And the most important of all….
My 4th sem results are out. I got a modest 78.7% I’m happy. The icing on the cake? I got a 100 in Math. Yaay! Since 10th grade I was getting, 98, 99…never a 100.I had almost lost hope.

Here’s something for those of you who read all this nonsensical blah. Cheerio!
 



17 Comments:


At 8:26 am, Blogger Raju PP

man o' man !!! 78.7% is modest for ya !!! ahem... well... 100 in M4!!! CONGRATSSSSSS
i guess u rin 5th sem E&C now.... DSP is gr8 to study (dont ask my marks though :p), Advanced MP is lotsaaaa theory, AC is coool (one of the best subs if u ask me), T&S is interesting but again theory, Solid state devices?????? watz that :-o
Ban of cell phones in VTU!! haha.. i wanna write a post on that.. haha :p
HP!!! eeeewwwwww......
and yeah, i gonna blogroll u :)

 

At 9:05 am, Blogger shari

God that sounds extremely challenging. I got overwhelmed just reading what you are taking!
What will you be getting a degree in? What do you plan to do?

 

At 9:13 am, Blogger JR

What a workload! Looks like fun tho, I have an Associates in Applied Science, took classes that were very similar to these. Fun times!

 

At 5:24 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Micheala:Thanks

Smile:It is modest!You should see what all my friends got..I'm not going to put it here and depress myself!
But I really don't mind much.All I care about is I got above 70%,and so I can write the placement exams :-P

Dane! Popping over to your blog in a few seconds!

Shari: Good to see you around!I'm studying for my B.E(Bachelor of Engineering),and trust me,those subjects just look like that,most of them are really simple.After completing my BE,I'll work round the clock for a fat salary for 2 years(I'm so shallow,na?)and then I'll take up higher studies.Grand plans!

Justin:I honestly don't regeret going into this stream,its so interesting!

 

At 7:59 pm, Blogger Raju PP

comparing is a very bad habit ;) refrain doing that!!! yeah, as long as u get 70%, u can lord over the placement cell!!!
btw, i expected a response 4 my "congrats" :)) just kidding

 

At 8:21 pm, Blogger Monkey

Analog Communication- We have a monkey teaching this, but its ok... I’ll manage.

But monkeys are so articulate! ;)

Oh my Lord! That brain Bush game is a hoot. It's almost impossible to get the brain in, and then when it goes in, the fascinating things it says! (See the "Speechalist" link on my blog for more fun with Bush.)

 

At 4:45 am, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

well you are a smarty. All those classes would overwelm me.LOL. I like staying busy thaugh. I can totally relate to that. Lately I have been to busy to post on my blog, and I miss blogging, and reading all of your blogs. Happy studying, and keep up the good blogging. I really enjoy your blog. :) AB

 

At 12:25 am, Blogger Madhu B G

78.7% oh my god.... u must be one helluva nerd... :P... Just kidding.. BTW CONGRATS.... You must be having your electives from this sem right? Or is it the next sem for u ppl?

 

At 1:05 am, Blogger Pramod

all i can say is phandooo :O

 

At 8:06 am, Blogger shari

okay it is totally time for you to post again -lol- like I can say anything. :)

 

At 7:49 am, Blogger Michaela

where oh, where are you??

 

At 3:46 pm, Blogger Naveen Roy

Have tagged you for a short story.........or to write a short story....a very small one in fact........

 

At 4:18 pm, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

Hey Anamika Anyone! Were are you? Busy ? :) AB

 

At 1:07 pm, Blogger Unknown

i guess u ll work in solid state devices. I have seen a lot of ppl who think SSD as a tough one and finally they end up marrying SSD for the whole life!

 

At 1:46 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

That could happen.. I got a 25 in it in my 1st internals..
:-P

 

At 6:35 pm, Blogger Ganesh Hegde

dsp rocks.microprocs are ok.microelex rocks too.
transmission lines sucks like a baby,but is extremely interesting at the same time!!
communication is also great.i wish i had all these subjects in the same sem,i would have had a rocking time in my third year.which univ are you in btw??

 

At 6:43 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

VTU..The sem's finally coming to an end..you're right..bunch of interesting subjects here.I hope my intense dislike for Transmission lines doesn't rub off on my performance...