Tuesday, August 16, 2005
posted by Anamika Anyone at 11:57 am
Wow….
I was thinking about writing about my favourite songs the other day!

The whole story:

I've been tagged by Dane to list my current favourite melodies. I’ll tag five people.You have to follow these instructions:

List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to.

I’ll go two steps out of the line, and list out top 5 songs in my head right now,but for your convinience,I’ll also include a few lines of the song and links.These are not current charttoppers,but thats me.I never like songs the minute they are released.

Ok. Here goes:

On the 5th place is:

Here I am by Bryan Adams
This song gives me a sense of freedom and also reminds me of my new year resolutions!Here’s how it goes:

Here I am,This is me,
There’s nowhere else on Earth
I’d rather be.
Here I am,just me and you,
Tonight we make our dreams come true.


On the 4th place:

Main Yahaan Hoon(I'm here*not Here I am*) from the film VeerZaara

This is a very romantic song.Not hot,but romantic.Makes my hairs stand on end every single time.

Tum chupa na sakogi main vo raaz hoon,
/I'm a secret you can't hide/
Tum bhula na sakogi vo andaaz hoon,

/I'm a person you can never forget/
Goonjtha hoon yu dil mein to hairaan ho kyu,
/Why are you surprise to find me calling in your heart/
Main tumhare hi dil ki to awaaz hoon.
/I'm nothing but the voice of your heart/


On the 3rd place:

Lemon tree by Fools Garden
This is a song I like to listen when I’m blogging.Its a cool,laidback kind of a song.

I'm sittin' here in the boring room
It's just another rainy sunday afternoon
I'm wasting my time, I got nothing to do
I'm hanging around, I'm waiting for you
But nothing ever happens and I wonder....


On the 2nd place:

Yeh safar from 1942-A love story
When I’m sad,angry,jealous,stressed,scared,etc..this song comes to my rescue.Its a beautiful song.

Yeh sitam ki raat hai dhal ne ko
/This night of pain is about to set/
Hai andhera gham ka pighal ne ko
/The darkness of sorrow is about to melt/
Zara der is me lage agar
/And if this takes a little more time/
Na udaas ho mere humsafar
/Don’t despair, my love/
Yeh safar bahut hai kathin magar,na udaas ho mere humsafar
/This journey is very tough but,don’t despair, my love/

Just listen to this,even if you don’t understand the words.Tell me if it calmed you.


On the 1st place:

Toss the feathers by the corrs-This instrumental made me a fan of Irish music.It rocks!


Now,to announce the “taggees”.

I tag:
Micheala

G_samsa

Angery butterfly

Spinning Girl

Heather

You're time starts now.
 



8 Comments:


At 10:44 am, Blogger Anamika Anyone

These are all pretty old(5 years to 5 months).I haven't been in touch with the latest Western song scene,ever since our local radio stopped playing songs of all languages except Kannada and Hindi...GRrrrrrrr........

 

At 8:25 pm, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

Now you've done it.This will drive me crazy, I have so many I love.Just five? :) I will try.

 

At 8:46 pm, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

I have to admit I have liked some of Bryan Adams songs as well.

The songtrack from the "Robin Hood" with Kevin Kosner preaty.

 

At 11:36 pm, Blogger Anamika Anyone

g_samsa:I'm sure you're not a dork.I think its romantic.

Angery butterfly:You can put as amny as you like.There's no limit. But you must tag 5 ppl.

 

At 12:53 am, Blogger theBlueNibble

G_samsa the song you are looking for is "everything I do I do it for you". And by the way any Linkin Park fans here. I dont know why everyone hates them. I guess they are cleaner and better than eminem :P I have been a Corrs and Bryan adam fan since a long long time. I only rescently heard "toss the feather". BTW anamika have u listened to "haste to the wedding " by the corrs . I think you will love it.

 

At 10:47 am, Blogger Anamika Anyone

I don't love Linkin Park,but they're good.I especially like In the end and Crawling..
Sorry,but nonwithstanding the language,I like Eminem better.

 

At 8:03 pm, Blogger Abigail Alexis~

The blue nimbble,I like Linkin Park!

g_samsa, I would say since she married you,it probably worked!

Anamika anyone,I don't know five bloggers that haven't been tagged, and I feel wierd tagging someone whose blog I have never been to, but I did put on my blog that the next five people who visit, that haven't been tagged are it. I hope thats good anough.Maybe I will think of five yet.

 

At 6:37 am, Blogger Spinning Girl

Today:

You're Beautiful (James Blunt)
MY NEW FAVORITE SONG

Bubble Toes (Jack Johnson)

I Try (Macy Gray)
I love the part where she says..."I WEAR GOGGLES WHEN YOU ARE NOT HERE..." That IS what she's saying, riiiiiiight?

Sway (The Perishers)

I Like to Move It (from the Madagascar soundtrack)

I can't tag anyone or post this on my blog; I'm too tired. Going to go lie with ice pack on face. Thanks for playing with me!