Thursday, July 21, 2005
posted by Anamika Anyone at 8:45 pm
I admit that till today morning, I had the idea of writing about all the main plot twists of the latest book of the Harry Potter series, but after reading today’s newspaper which contained a brief but very disapproving article about “killjoy bloggers”who made life so hard for people who have not been so fortunate to read the book as yet, I decided to change the subject slightly. I will still be talking about the book, of course. I’m dying to write about it.But,I’ll not be giving away anything serious, don’t worry.

I took almost 12 hours for me to finish the book,6 straight hours yesterday and 6 hours today. Everytime I read a Harry Potter book my social behavior changes considerably in the duration that I read it.So,this time when I finally put down the book an hour ago, my near and dear were very relieved. But I tell you, the hours spent were worthwhile. I think this book is as good if not better than the fourth book, The Goblet of Fire, which is one of my all-time favourites.

I’m very glad that Harry is not violent or sentimental in this book. I’m also surprised as regards the romantic developments. At one chapter, it almost begins to resemble an American teen movie.I was shocked to find out who died, but absolutely flabbergasted to find out how the person died.The Half Blood Prince was kind of a let down for me,as I'd already suspected who it was. All in all, there are enough plot twists in here to blow your mind.

Even after this book, if anyone still insists that HP is for children, they can go stuff their face.
 



2 Comments:


At 10:26 am, Blogger Anamika Anyone

You're welcome.I know how frustrating it can be when you come to know about something before you get a chance to read it yourself.

 

At 9:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

She's killed Dumbledore man! That made me so sad. And that too at the hands of Severus Snape!

The bit about this book resembling an American teen movie is correct. Who in their right mind would ever go snogging at someone just because you're tight-lipped when it comes to the person you really like? I think I Hermione though.

hey cya around,
Me