Tuesday, July 19, 2005
posted by Anamika Anyone at 4:02 pm
Not even two days into the month and a half holiday,and my mind is screaming out of boredom.My reason for telling this is that boredom and only boredom made me watch the newest Bollywood thriller Naina(thriller??) yesterday.I have never seen such awful nonsense,and thats saying something becuse I've seen some really dumb movies.

Naina is a carelessly made cocktail of films like sixth sense,dark water,the ring,and what not. The story is basically about this girl called Naina(meaning eyes in Hindi) who's lost her eyes in a childhood car accident.She gets new corneas after what seems like 18 years(why not earlier?).It turns out that the replaced eyes are those of a girl who could predict death minutes before it befell anyone.So Naina has to solve some mystery regarding the death of this girl and in the end,somehow she manages to lose her sight again and realises that she was better off blind anyway.And in the middle of all this,she gets engaged to her phsychiatrist.How Unprofessional.

You may ask me why I'm takin all the trouble to write about a film the critics hadn't much to write about.The answer is that there's a different reason for seeing Naina.I'd heard that in the film,Naina predicts the blowing up of a part of the subway in London.This film was shot some four months back,so I was just curious..

Ho Hum...Back to boredom

(P.S;I'll be getting Harry Potter and the half blood prince soon..Can't wait!!)