Saturday, April 09, 2005
posted by Anamika Anyone at 10:09 am

The tranquil blue waters of the Dal lake in Kashmir

Yesterdays headlines read;Srinagar-Muzaffarabad-Srinagar bus crosses, blurs Kashmir divide; when Kashmir meets Kashmir; Bus pioneers breach Kashmir's 'Berlin wall'….

The argument between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir valley is a long standing one; too long, I feel…57 years…

It all started when Mohommed Ali Jinnah asked for a separate country called Pakistan for Muslims; he felt his fellowmen would get a raw deal in India where Hindus were the majority. His insecurity is justified; anybody would have felt that way in his position.

But,but,but…why are the Kasmiris suffering in this? What have they done to live in positive terror all their lives? I’ve never been to Kashmir (not a very safe tourist destination; until now, I hope) but I hear it’s breathtaking and was even better in the earlier days.

I’m really glad things are working out with them and us. I’d love to visit Kashmir sometime; I’ve been quite taken with it ever since I came to know my ancestors (centuries ago) were from Kashmir.

Three cheers for the bus to Muz!
 



1 Comments:


At 10:04 am, Blogger Anamika Anyone

Ha ha lol!

No not actually!I'm yet to visit Kashmir...sad,i know..